Protect Your Ft. Worth Healthcare Organization for Cyberattacks Today
Fort Worth-based Corptek Solutions provides healthcare IT services in Fort Worth. Our most comprehensive report provides your company with a list of holes, warnings, accessibility issues so you can shore up your network.
After a reduction in ransomware attacks the prior year, these attacks doubled in 2019. Specifically, the number of catastrophic attacks that can cause up to 10 days of downtime is on the rise. This trend prompted the Department of Homeland Security to send out two alerts meant to guide businesses in building up their defenses.
In a world where most information is available on computers, small businesses are increasingly becoming the target of cybercriminals. A security assessment can help determine any weaknesses in your healthcare organization’s network.
If you operate a medical or dental clinic and require Healthcare IT services in Fort Worth, this article is for you.
Are Healthcare Services Being Targeted?
Headlines tell the tales of healthcare providers throughout the United States targeted by phishing attacks, ransomware and other cybersecurity breaches.
Here are examples reported by hospitals and health care organizations, including those in Texas:
- In Decatur, Texas, a thwarted phishing attack against Wise Health System attempted to change 100 direct payroll deposits. It was discovered because changes require printed paper checks.
- Texas-based Hunt Memorial Hospital had to tell 3,700 patients a hacker compromised their medical records due to a data breach in May. The hospital found hackers accessed patient medical records but didn’t discover any misuse of the information.
- Springhill Medical Center in Mobile, Alabama, reported a cybersecurity issue and had to shut down its network in July.
- An employee at Cancer Treatment Centers of America fell victim to a phishing attack in Philadelphia. As a result, the cybercriminal had access to the victim’s email for 11 days. More than 3,900 patient records were compromised.
- In June, NEO Urology in Ohio handed over $75,000 to a ransomware demand after three days of downtime in which staff members could access its computer system. The ransom was cheaper than losing up to $50,000 a day in revenue.
- Bold criminals demanded $1 million to unlock the network of Grays Harbor Community Hospital in Washington. Services were disrupted for two months.
Who Provides the Best Healthcare IT services in Fort Worth?
Fort Worth-based Corptek Solutions provides healthcare IT services in Fort Worth. Our most comprehensive report provides your company with a list of holes, warnings, accessibility issues, and details that help you create a more secure network to protect sensitive patient and company data. Contact us today for assistance with all your healthcare IT service needs.