How to Keep Your Team Organized and Running Smoothly with Microsoft Planner
Are you looking for a cloud-based tool that enables in-office and remote employees to work together with ease? Do you need a secure platform for sharing ideas, posting assignments, making announcements, and getting input from customers and suppliers? If so, Microsoft Planner is an ideal option that could help your business streamline tasks and communications, improve customer services, boost profits, and lower business expenses.
What Does Microsoft Planner Offer?
Microsoft Planner is part of the Microsoft Office 365 toolkit, and anyone who has a paid personal or enterprise subscription to Office 365 has access to this app. As the name implies, it’s a comprehensive planner that makes it easy for employees and managers alike to keep track of important projects and deadlines. It offers:
- The ability to add tasks along with their accompanying deadlines
- The ability to compartmentalize tasks into different categories. You can sort assignments by their deadline for completion, the number of people working on the project, the type of project assigned, or any other criteria.
- Automated charts and graphs that show how far along you are on any given project. You don’t have to do anything to set these up; they appear automatically once a project has been added to your to-do list.
- An “add comment” feature that makes it easy for those assigned to a task to get input from others. As an added benefit, the individuals providing input on an assignment don’t automatically have access to the entire assignment. This set-up enables companies to get information from suppliers, customers, or business partners without compromising valuable business data.
- Collaboration features that make it easy for employees to work together even if they aren’t all working in the same office space.
- Full integration with other Microsoft Office 365 programs, including Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Top-tier cybersecurity that keeps your data safe at all times. Microsoft spends over $1 billion a year on cybersecurity alone to ensure that its apps and platforms are safe from hacks and breaches.
How to Use Microsoft Planner to Keep Your Team Organized
Signing up to Microsoft Planner is the first step in organizing your team. Next, you’ll want to carefully consider how projects are assigned. When choosing a group of team members for a project, make sure they work well together and have the tools and experience needed to complete the task on time. When possible, consult the team about the deadline to ensure that it’s realistic for all involved. Keep tabs on the completion charts on Planner to ensure that the job is on track to be completed on time and continue to stay in touch with team members to ensure the work is running smoothly. Regular meetings can help ensure there are no misunderstandings and can provide a platform for team members to give their input on how a project is progressing and what can be done to bring about the desired results.
If you or your team members need help setting up and using Microsoft Planner, getting assistance from an IT managed service can be a wise option. An IT managed service provider can not only help you set up Microsoft Planner and teach your employees how to use it easily and efficiently but also provide cybersecurity training to keep your IT set-up safe from cybercriminals.
Expert Microsoft Consulting and Support
Corptek Solutions is a Fort Worth-based IT managed service provider with a five-star Google review rating, an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, and more than fifteen years of experience providing companies with the top-tier IT assistance they need to be successful long-term. We offer Microsoft Office 365 consulting to help you migrate to Office 365 and take full advantage of all that it has to offer. We also provide:
- Office 365 back-up plans to ensure you have access to your valuable business data no matter what
- Endpoint encryption to keep your data safe as it moves to and from your cloud server. Endpoint encryption ensures that remote employees have a secure connection to your office even if they are using a personal computer or mobile device to do their jobs.
- Managed IT services to keep your entire IT set-up running smoothly and efficiently at all times
- HIPAA compliance for medical companies and organizations to ensure data is stored and accessed in compliance with industry regulations.
Microsoft Planner has all the tools you need to work efficiently and productively in any office setting. Get in touch with us at your convenience and we’ll help you get started using Planner in conjunction with other stellar Microsoft Office 365 tools. Our team of experts is ready to provide the advice and practical assistance you need to create a work environment that promotes collaboration, efficiency, and success.